Thursday, March 4, 2010

Embossed Greeting Cards

I have a pretty good system for making greeting cards. They do not look homemade to the untrained eye (to a non-scrapbooker). I select two or three beautiful printed papers and combine them. Then I emboss a stamped design on some card stock by sprinkling embossing powder onto the wet pigment ink and then drying it with the heating tool. Then I affix the card stock to the layers of printed paper. Here's an angel from Christmas. I added both Stickles and Liquid Pearls to give even more bling to the embossed angel:


The following three wise men are embellished in silver and glued to metallic paper. Anything that shines is difficult to photograph. This card turned out very pretty.


Another holiday card is this flower. The stamp was not designed for Christmas, but the colors make it appropriate.


Although there is plenty of potential in this method, I ultimately have a different idea when it comes to making cards. I'd rather do something crazy and vintage with various embellishments attached, but what I have in mind would be time consuming. I will provide some examples at some point in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment