Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Newspaper Print and Sepia



I had to look at this photo of my grandson awhile to figure out exactly where he is and what he is doing. He is rolling backwards on the floor on top of a colorful throw rug. I love the spirit of my grandson that is revealed in so many photos. I think the muted shades of this sepia print somehow make it easier to catch his silly mood.

I made these flowers out of newspaper print by punching out the petal shapes and gluing them to white paper with Mod Podge. I covered the petals with a second coat, and after it dried, I cut the flowers out, leaving a small white border. I love how these newspaper flowers combine with other paper designs, especially vintage prints.

I painted the chipboard frame and grungeboard key with acrylic paint and added a coat of Distressed Vintage Photo Stickles to both.

No comments:

Post a Comment